Geographical Information System (GIS)
Our corporate geographical information system is a great way to present potentially dry data that would normally be in tables or words in a way everyone will understand.
Our GIS Team can provide a comprehensive range of spatial and mapping services that cover all aspects of the district - from historical mapping, to ward and parish boundaries.
What we can provide on a map
- Aerial mapping and other imagery data
- Historical mapping
- The location of council buildings
- The areas of ground the council maintains
- Ward and parish boundaries
- Planning and development Information
- Council tax bandings for properties
- Fire and police call information - such as where burglaries or fires have been reported from
- Flood mapping
- Fly-tipping locations
- Health data
- Adopted and unadopted roads
- Refuse collection maps
- Salt and gritting routes
- Deprivation maps
- Speed limits
- Tree preservation order locations
- New build locations and properties under construction
- Neighbourhood statistics
- Royal Mail database
- Winter weather forecasts
- Traffic route information and delays for major roads such as M6 Toll, A38 and M42
- And lots more!
Contact the team
The Geographical Information Management Team is led by the Corporate Geographical Information Manager with an LLPG Custodian who is responsible for maintaining the Local Land and Property Gazetteer and street naming and numbering functions.
For more information about the services we can provide, contact Gareth Thomas, corporate geographical information manager, on 01543 308131 or email email@example.com
Online geographical information
If you would like to access geographical information about Lichfield District and its surroundings, please use the following links: