Fill your Christmas stocking with festive goodies and join in seasonal activities for free across Lichfield city centre this yuletide.
From free tree decorations and sugar mice, to craft activities and novelty socks, Lichfield shoppers are in for a treat in the run up to Christmas.
City shops, hotels, cafes, bars and heritage venues are running the Twelve Days of Christmas campaign from Tuesday 12 to Saturday 23 December 2017.
For each of the days a participating venue will offer a treat for free, such as the chance to make a Christmas tree decoration, have a go at a lucky dip, or eat a gingerbread man or candy cane, and many more.
To find the free gifts and activities, simply look out for the Twelve Days of Christmas wreath on the door of that day’s venue or go to www.visitlichfield.co.uk/twelvedays.
Visit Lichfield started proceedings by holding a ‘decorate a Christmas stocking’ craft workshop on in Lichfield Library on Saturday 2 December, as part of Lichfield’s Christmas Festival Weekend. In total, 50 stockings were made by people of all ages. Three-hundred stocking decorating kits have also been sent to local schools so plenty of children can take part in the fun.
Councillor Ian Pritchard, Cabinet Member for Economic Growth, Environment & Development Services, said:
“I am pleased plenty of children had fun making their stocking and can now look forward to filling them with festive treats over the twelve days. There are so many free goodies and activities on offer, so look out for the Christmas wreaths and make sure you arrive in good time to collect your treat.”
The free gifts and activities are available while stocks last. To find out more go to www.visitlichfield.co.uk/twelvedays where there is also news of a free prize draw, with a family ticket to see Aladdin at Lichfield Garrick on offer.
Twelve Days of Christmas is organised by Visit Lichfield and is supported by the participating venues, including: Magical Story, The Kitchen Shop, The George Hotel, The Green Room at the Garrick, Michael’s Menswear, Lichfield City Council General Market and Farmers’ Market, The Samuel Johnson Birthplace Museum, The Shop at No. 9, The Scales, Erasmus Darwin House and Comfortin’ Food.
Twelve Days of Christmas offers - running from 10am to 4pm while stocks last
- Tuesday 12 December Magical Story - candy canes
- Wednesday 13 December The Kitchen Shop - cake stand
- Thursday 14 December The George Hotel - a free mince pie when buying a hot drink (for the first 25 customers)
- Friday 15 December The Green Room at the Garrick - shortbread Michael’s Menswear - Christmas socks
- Saturday 16 December General Market - clementine
- Sunday 17 December The Samuel Johnson Birthplace Museum - tree decoration craft session
- Monday 18 December The Shop at No.9 - mini soaps
- Tuesday 19 December The Scales - chocolate coins
- Wednesday 20 December Erasmus Darwin House - sugar mouse
- Thursday 21 December Farmers Market - tree decoration
- Friday 22 December Lichfield Tourist Information - lucky dip (sponsored by LDTA)
- Saturday 23 December Comfortin’ Food - gingerbread man
Posted on Monday 4th December 2017